The DHT22 is a basic, low-cost digital temperature and humidity sensor. It uses a capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor to measure the surrounding air, and spits out a digital signal on the data pin (no analog input pins needed). Its fairly simple to use, but requires careful timing to grab data. The only real downside of this sensor is you can only get new data from it once every 2 seconds, so when using our library, sensor readings can be up to 2 seconds old.
Simply connect the first pin on the left to 3-5V power, the second pin to your data input pin and the right most pin to ground. Although it uses a single-wire to send data it is not Dallas One Wire compatible! If you want multiple sensors, each one must have its own data pin!
Compared to DHT11,this sensor is more precise, more accurate and works in a bigger range of temperature/humidity, but its larger and more expensive
A 4.7K – 10K resistor is needed to use as a pullup from the data pin to VCC.
- Low cost
- 3 to 5V power and I/O
- 2.5mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- Good for 0-100% humidity readings with 2-5% accuracy
- Good for -40 to 80°C temperature readings ±0.5°C accuracy
- No more than 0.5 Hz sampling rate (once every 2 seconds)
- Body size 27mm x 59mm x 13.5mm (1.05″ x 2.32″ x 0.53″)
- 4 pins, 0.1″ spacing
- DHT22 Datasheet
DHT22 Digital Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Product Code: DHT22
- Availability: In Stock